Welcome!


About Me E-mail
Have you heard the one about the homeschooling family that lives on less than $22K a year in an area that costs above 100% (116%) of the National CoL Index?

I haven't quite figured out why so many people still persist in perpetuating the myth that living on a single income and homeschooling on a dime aren't possible. I can only suppose these are people who can't imagine life without a daily trip to Starbucks and dinner out several times a week. The people who actually shop at malls (*shudder*) and think "Brand Name = Best". The people who really live by the "Keeping up with the Joneses" mentality.

That? Would not be us!

Welcome to our world. We cook from scratch. Buy from thrift stores. Find 95% of our homeschool materials for free. This is my blog and this is how we do it.

Monday, June 18, 2007

Neat Art Ideas.

Just a quick "blogging fly-by". I still have to clean up from my daughter's all-day birthday celebrating. This is definitely one of those times where I need to recite the dirty dishes poem:

"Thank God for dirty dishes;
They have a tale to tell.
While others may go hungry,
We're eating very well
With home, health, and happiness,
I shouldn't want to fuss;
By the stack of evidence,
God's been very good to us."

~author unknown.

Aside from my mountain of dishes - why on earth do homemade refried beans take so many pots? Hee! - I wanted to point out THIS CUTE SITE for some awesome ideas for art projects. And not only are there some cool "art sparkers", but there're also links you can follow for more information. Be sure to explore the whole site!

Then there's THIS SITE of "Incredible Art Education Resources" - with lots of links and lesson plans.

Switching gears - I have not yet posted the week 3 LA plans. It's been pointed out to me that for at least one person, the links in the pdfs aren't working and I'm trying to figure that out. One way or the other, I will post the plans some time tomorrow. Hopefully with that problem solved!

Hope everyone had a fantastic Father's Day! Did you go stargazing? We only did so-so on the constellations, but we were able to find Venus easily enough. Yay, us. ;)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:
Blogger Sherry said...

Great link! Thanks.

June 20, 2007 at 10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



© 2007. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced by any means
except for print-outs for individual home, private use.