Welcome!


About Me E-mail
Have you heard the one about the homeschooling family that lives on less than $22K a year in an area that costs above 100% (116%) of the National CoL Index?

I haven't quite figured out why so many people still persist in perpetuating the myth that living on a single income and homeschooling on a dime aren't possible. I can only suppose these are people who can't imagine life without a daily trip to Starbucks and dinner out several times a week. The people who actually shop at malls (*shudder*) and think "Brand Name = Best". The people who really live by the "Keeping up with the Joneses" mentality.

That? Would not be us!

Welcome to our world. We cook from scratch. Buy from thrift stores. Find 95% of our homeschool materials for free. This is my blog and this is how we do it.

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Just FYI - Binders on Sale

We went to the bread thrift store yesterday, because Wednesday is their big sale day. We usually go on the first Wednesday of the month when we go, but last week we were in the middle of Science Camp, so we put it off. On the way home, we stopped in at Staples because we knew they were having a school supply sale.

If you happen to live near one, you may want to check it out. They have binders marked down. They are the flexible kind - not the hard ones - but they're only 33 cents each. If you use notebooking as part of your homeschooling, you might want to consider it. There's a limit of 6 per household, but don't be afraid to ask if homeschoolers are allowed to buy more. While standing in line yesterday, I noticed a woman ahead of me holding many items that were supposed to be limited. When she got to the counter, she showed a teacher ID and they let her buy everything at the sale price. So, when I got up there, I showed my teacher ID - I have one because we homeschool under an umbrella school - and explained that I'm a homeschooling mom working through a private school. That was good enough for the clerk, so I was able to buy 10 binders at the sale price. I also got several 8 packs of pencils for a penny per pack, four bottles of 9 cent glue, and 20 brad/pocket folders for a penny each.

Unfortunately, from what I can tell on-line, the penny sales are already over as of yesterday. The binders, though, ACCORDING TO THIS will be on sale until the 14th.

Labels:

1 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi..Staples also has a Brother brand labeler (the PT 1280)on sale for 19.99 + comes with a $20.00 rebate = free! there is a limit of 10 rebates per household. I bought 3 (1 for me and 2 for future gifts).

July 13, 2007 at 2:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



© 2007. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced by any means
except for print-outs for individual home, private use.