Welcome!


About Me E-mail
Have you heard the one about the homeschooling family that lives on less than $22K a year in an area that costs above 100% (116%) of the National CoL Index?

I haven't quite figured out why so many people still persist in perpetuating the myth that living on a single income and homeschooling on a dime aren't possible. I can only suppose these are people who can't imagine life without a daily trip to Starbucks and dinner out several times a week. The people who actually shop at malls (*shudder*) and think "Brand Name = Best". The people who really live by the "Keeping up with the Joneses" mentality.

That? Would not be us!

Welcome to our world. We cook from scratch. Buy from thrift stores. Find 95% of our homeschool materials for free. This is my blog and this is how we do it.

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Well, golly. I rock! Hee.

So, *blush* MOMMA KNOWS - nominated (designated?) me for



- which? Aw. Thanks. And I totally think you rock, too. :) And my husband will be so amused by this, because I'm such a nerd, no one would ever usually associate me with something, you know, cool. LOL!

Now I get to choose 5 ladies who also rock and wow! That's hard! Not because there aren't any - I assure you - but because there are so many! I just love the internet and how we can all connect this way.

So, here's what I thought I'd do. Rather than just linking to a blog itself, I'm pointing you to my nominees by way of posts they've made that I found particularly awesome. I'm assuming that's okay, because I did manage to track down the creator of the award, HERE and I'm not seeing any definite rules.

Go see Kathy at BROKEN HOMESCHOOL - and read "8 Things Everybody Knows You Need To Homeschool (But You Don’t)" - I couldn't agree more with her - she nailed it.

Have some COFFEE WITH MRS. DANI - and explore whether Mom can even afford to work. She breaks it all down very well and I hope plenty of moms considering staying at home run into someone who can offer them this same sage advice.

This next one might seem like an odd choice. Tersie at THE ROAD TO TOTAL GROWTH MIND BODY AND SPIRIT has an amazing blog that shows a determined, gutsy lady I really admire, and if you aren't a regular reader already, you should be. But I chose this post not for those reasons. I chose it because it made me laugh out loud when I read it. So loud, in fact, that my children demanded to know what was so funny and when I told them, they laughed, too. (Tersie - we weren't laughing at you like, "What a moron!" or anything. We were laughing because on more than one occasion I have tried to open the doors to vans that don't belong to me. Fortunately for me, I haven't actually succeeded yet!)

Quasimodo, might call her blog a RANDOM ACCOUNT, but her posts on paying attention to home are very thoughtful and thought-provoking. I'm linking to part one, but make sure to also read her newly posted part 2.

And last (but of course not least!) Drop in at THE HOMESCHOOL IN THE LITTLE HOUSE - for a beautifully written post reminding us that we are who God made us and meant for us to be - whether we are oak trees or sunflowers.

Labels:

3 Comments:
Blogger Tersie said...

What a great award! Congrats. And thanks for the fun nomination. I've noticed traffic coming from your site to mine and now I see why. *giggle* And go ahead, laugh to your heart's content. That's why I shared my story. lol. We all need a good laugh from time to time. ;-)

July 5, 2007 at 8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww *blush* thanks for the mention! And stay tuned, everyone, there will be more "Paying Attention to Home" to come! :D

You DO rock, btw, Jenni! *hands Jenni a cookie, because she rocks*

July 5, 2007 at 7:35 PM  
Blogger Just Me, Jenni said...

Hee. Cookies are good. :)

July 6, 2007 at 12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



© 2007. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced by any means
except for print-outs for individual home, private use.