Welcome!


About Me E-mail
Have you heard the one about the homeschooling family that lives on less than $22K a year in an area that costs above 100% (116%) of the National CoL Index?

I haven't quite figured out why so many people still persist in perpetuating the myth that living on a single income and homeschooling on a dime aren't possible. I can only suppose these are people who can't imagine life without a daily trip to Starbucks and dinner out several times a week. The people who actually shop at malls (*shudder*) and think "Brand Name = Best". The people who really live by the "Keeping up with the Joneses" mentality.

That? Would not be us!

Welcome to our world. We cook from scratch. Buy from thrift stores. Find 95% of our homeschool materials for free. This is my blog and this is how we do it.

Thursday, July 5, 2007

8 Things About Me

CHARITY tagged me. (*Waves* to Charity. :) No worries about going "off topic"!)

The Rules:

The rules are simple. Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.


Thing One: I'm such a geek, I had to fight the urge to correct the rules to say "Each player lists 8 facts/habits about himself/herself.", and then continue on through the rest of the rules to fix that error each time it shows up.

Thing Two: I don't lie about my age or have any problem telling people how old I am (37). Wrinkles are a badge of honor in my book.

Thing Three: I really, really don't like spiders. I grew up in an area with FIDDLEBACKS and so spiders were always considered the enemy. I never really got over that.

Thing Four: I read The Lord of the Rings when I was in 7th grade - all three books in just four days, while school was in session. I read every spare minute I had, in class, at lunch, after school and late, late into the night until I fell asleep.

Thing Five: Any time someone says, "Life doesn't come with an instruction manual." I promptly reply, "Sure it does. It's called the Bible."

Thing Six: I married my high school sweetheart one year after we graduated. Our 18th anniversary is in 10 days.

Thing Seven: I believe in going to the source of things. If I suspect an article or story is bogus, I will investigate. I have called the FBI, the CIA, and various other law enforcement agencies (to find out about crimes supposedly committed), university professors (to confirm studies done on various foods or products), and tracked down countless footnotes in things I have read. There is a highly disturbing amount of information out there that is total bunk when you start really looking in to it.

Thing Eight: My current "just for me/not a gift" project that I'm working on is a filet crochet table cloth for a round table. I hope to have it done by late October.


And... my apologies to anyone being retagged if I missed it.

1) 5 KIDS AND A DOG
2) HOMESCHOOL IN THE LITTLE HOUSE
3) WALKING ALONG THE ROAD
4) MY TWENTY CENTS KEEPS MOVING!
5) WING AND PRAYERS
6) THE RANDOM ACCOUNT OF QUASIMODO
7) PEAKMORE ACADEMY
8) THE ROAD TO TOTAL GROWTH MIND BODY AND SPIRIT

Labels:

6 Comments:
Blogger Hanley Family said...

Oh, I so identify with number 7. I can be annoying in that I keep looking up quotes. You wouldn't believe the number of quotes attributed to people who apparently never said them. Well, you probably would because you have probably tried to track some of them down yourself!

July 6, 2007 at 9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool-- I'm out of time right now, but will post it later today.

Thanks!
Leslie

July 6, 2007 at 10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for tagging me! I finally got it done.

July 6, 2007 at 2:46 PM  
Blogger Charity said...

Thanks for playing along. It was great to learn more about you.

Just so you know, I was not the one who wrote the rules. I can't claim perfect grammar, but I try :)

July 7, 2007 at 7:34 AM  
Blogger Just Me, Jenni said...

Dana - I know! That's definitely one of the darker sides of the internet - the misquoting and misinformation that abounds!

Charity - LOL! I didn't think it was you who wrote it. :) I just for some reason really bug out about the whole "using 'they' in singular form" thing.

Thanks to everyone for continuing the tags!

July 7, 2007 at 8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK I finally got around to it-- sorry for the delay. It has been a busy summer :)

~Leslie

July 23, 2007 at 11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



© 2007. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced by any means
except for print-outs for individual home, private use.